This image is from the trailer for "Mamma Mia: Here We Become Once more" distributed past Universal Pictures.

The writers of The Michigan Daily do it all. On top of being higher students with total course loads, they roll upward their sleeves to eat media and write. For the amusement of our loyal readership — and to celebrate a vacation one editor has deemed Musical March — The Michigan Daily has revitalized and revamped "Baked, Buzzed, Bored." For the sake of journalism, 3 or more than writers sacrifice their health and iii+ hours of their life to spotter a TV show or moving-picture showwhile either loftier ("baked"),drunk ("buzzed") or sober ("bored"). This article was lightly edited to maintain the authenticity of the piece.

Baked 1

  • Yassification of Leonard Cohen
  • Bored ane is very skeptical of this being a better movie than Mamma Mia Originale.
  • Nosotros are all gonna have and so much fun the Boreds are wrong.
  • Meryl Streep died. We are in the bad identify.
  • Lily James killing it as Donna Sheridan.
  • Buzzed 1 is singing forth and I am shy and don't desire to say I barely know ABBA.
  • I desire a flash mob at beginning like nosotros bike away as a form, piss off the professors.
  • Fjallraven but fake, faux, Chicitita
  • Mom dies a twelvemonth ago. Sky is a bitch
  • Lamp.
  • Just ii women fighting over a guy. Permit's Mamma this Mia.
  • Young Harry is such a non-entity like he doesn't even deserve to be played by someone in fleabag
  • I know they try to go his hair like that face it doesn't work with information technology he'due south got a really big for him.
  • She's Oxford educated.
  • We dearest a Waterloo here. Giving us Wes Anderson vibes.
  • Pierce Brosnan is just the weight that carries this film down into the deep night depths of hell.
  • Why'd it Have to be Me truly a legend.
  • He's merely Alexio. Non rich. Take a chance on me.
  • I feel a storm is coming. With my Spanish telepathy.
  • Lily James the Conquerer of the ages
  • Tim irons Jeremy irons son.
  • This homo is going all out. It's commendable
  • Two paths in the road a wintertime diverges — me failing to quote Robert Frost
  • Baked two cogent what is at that place's specifically with books.
  • Information technology's similar Emily Blunt's face but minimized.
  • Colin Firth suddenly remembers he's in this movie and blows a MASSIVE deal? But like why he was in Japan.
  • Chubby Stellan SkarsgĂ„rd did too.
  • Broiled 2 is trying to give people a TBH?
  • Biceps don't fit in the costumes.
  • Buzzed i is trying to dance along to Mamma Mia and isn't doing a bad job.
  • That was queerbaiting. Lily James kissing a daughter
  • "I've called the whole of this Greek town by my singing in English." Yeah very nice.
  • A conspiracy to exploit the sexuality of men. And agreed.
  • High kick choreography is next level.
  • But like someone should really talk about how dance just sometimes mean "how can we have them safely and boringly interact with the set in some stupid way.
  • Practice oysters always pearl?
  • This is similar meta overfishing commentary and Greek exonomics and why.
  • Why does Amanda Seyfried not have friends?
  • The color palette of this isle is merely teal and it's really bothersome.
  • Mom and girl pregnant at the aforementioned fourth dimension just in by and future crusade theme'due south.
  • THAT NOISE
  • *knock knock* it's Cher. With guns.
  • Spectators are singing Benny's Dispatch from In the Heights.
  • Cher kinda looks younger than Amanda Seyfried.
  • Baked 2 is crying for some reason that I cannot fathom.
  • THE FERNANDO TWIST and then Cher sings. Information technology'due south vivid it'southward epic. It's unforgettable.
  • The gayness in this house as anybody sings Fernando word for fuckin give-and-take.
  • Look at how goddamn close the fireworks are to the homo people who would be burned.
  • Buzzed 1 just spoiled the Meryl Streep moment and they feel bad.
  • Baked ii is actually crying considering "the song is most mothers and daughters" when it's conspicuously about Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried.
  • RITa Wilson and TOM HANKS PRODUCED THIS. Super Trooper.

Baked two

  • She'southward giving Lena Dunham
  • Suitcase is too small!
  • FUCK Sky.
  • Be still my beating *omg!!!!*
  • He has skinny, skinny little legs!
  • I hoped to be loved like this 1 day.
  • I love you with all my heartness.
  • Going to have my Donna era this summer. Ready to open my heart to love.
  • What would you lot practise for the person y'all love?
  • The great poet Rainer Maria Rilke envisioned love as "2 solitudes bordering, protecting and greeting each other." Possibly, in Donna'south world, love exists in groups of four. Baked 1 is going to pee. Which man would you pick? I love Harry.
  • Recall to pick yourself first, though. Always.
  • Every day your heart wakes up for you, and every bit it does y'all hear its steady whisper against your ribs, thump, thump, thump. I'm here, my heart is beating and that's all there is to it.
  • Sometimes I tin can't believe the immensity of violence on our planet. In this moving-picture show, Mother Nature is the perpetrator. I pray to god those horses, those wild animals, and all of those people are okay.
  • Animals, by Frank O'Hara:
  • Have you forgotten what we were similar so
  • When nosotros were nevertheless first rate
  • And the day came fat with an apple in its mouth
  • It'due south no use worrying nigh Time
  • But we did have a few tricks up our sleeves
  • And turned some sharp corners
  • The whole pasture looked like our meal.
  • We didn't need speedometers
  • We could manage cocktails out of ice and water
  • I wouldn't want to be faster
  • Or greener than now if you were with me O yous
  • Were the best of all my days
  • I think it'south time we finally enter reality and take that information technology is impossible to be known by someone else.
  • Broiled one undermined me and illegitimized my emotional truth. Twitter, do your thing.
  • I cannot wait to exist a mother.
  • "I don't want to sing about beloved if I'm not feeling it." I desire honesty higher up all else. I'll be proud of whatsoever life of mine that was lived honestly.
  • "I honey him more any argument." Interesting, the means nosotros air current ourselves around others, and do whatsoever we tin to arrange in one case we're planted.
  • Oh, Colin. How I long to be your Lizzie. How I long to exist loved past you.
  • Buzzed i would have been a swell Bojack Horseman voice actor
  • Insert link to Frank O'Hara reading "Having a Coke With You" hither
  • It feels like I'thou in a mumblecore film right now. Something like Funny, Ha Ha. I'chiliad and then young and in that location are and so many things I want to say, so many things I want to give.
  • Did Baked 1 just reveal that they're a hirsuite?!
  • We live to preserve the memories of the people nosotros love. I can't think of a meliorate reason to live.
  • Word of the Italian word for goodbye. "Ciao." Notation to self: picket Movie theatre Paradiso once again soon.
  • The apotheosis of camp.

Baked 3

i hate that they killed meryl streep. who tf says AU GUST like that. young meryl is so cocky centered thinking everyone wants to hear it. i hate that they gave the friends the aforementioned hair cutting. Man wants adult female to surrender career and family ties. Homo told rosie shes wise like a flamingo just ik for a fact flamingoes are stupid at the zoo they take their eggs and supercede them with fakes so they dont sit down on their own eggs and they dont even notice. baguette sword fight Recall OF THE CRUMBS. tokenizing disavled ppl to prove ur inclusive is so fucke dup. Pierce Prosnan looks much older thwn i idea he would. They flashback to young Donna meeting each of the men anf they each instantly want jer to sleep with him anf we know she ultimately does because its a flashback only imagine how much powerful information technology would exist to jave a woman say no to sexual activity rather than sending the message she always will give in so if she says no you just have to continue tryong. this is a film about grief????? i was non prepared. i idea the deal was "hey were mentioning this and then you lot know why meryl isnt featured in the movie" really feeling that i want a tattoo rn. when will the earth progress past tje trope of "the side grapheme friend who eats a lot" i hate when they pretend tjat perfectly attractive characters arent hot. "nosotros do more and more than work for less and less pay" so true bestie. no plot but what can u expect. felt like i was being slapped in th face by cameo after cameo but i didnt enjoy it. i hate birth scenes on tv and then much. didnt requite me the skillful feeling u go watcjing a musical until the very cease only better belatedly than never

Buzzed i

  • I am trying to work the TV. Thank you Bored 1 for figuring it out for me. It's loading now — NOT buffering. Lily James ("The Pursuit of Happiness" which didn't do that well I don't think) is so hot I'yard so excited. Weeeee!! Amanda (idk what she was in recently)  also hot!!! Yayyyy!!! I know it makes sense but why did they kill Meryl!!! I love Lily'southward hair. And then did they organize a flash mob for the opening vocal??? No way did this entire graduating class agree to this. My bicycle has a woven handbasket like Lily's and my mom wants it. Only it'southward mine!!!!!!!
  • There's no way her suitcase just happens to open up and spill out similar that. I see right through it.
  • I don't call up Sky is hot he is the weak link there's no way Amanda is so upset about him????  (Side notation: how did Amanda become enough money to redo the hotel? Wasn't her mother singing most beingness broke in the commencement movie?) Why am I not more fun boozer why am I existence critical nearly this. WILL I EVER ENJOY LIFE!
  • Okay when Sky and Amanda are singing about being sad in that location are very memorable transitions that move from NY and Greece. But the i that keeps me upwardly at night is when they are back to back on a wall, but and so the camera pans out, and Amanda is in an enclosed room. HOW was that filmed?? How
  • Flamingos are stupid???
  • Young harry is really clingy and his clothes are besides pocket-size. He is the worst if the three. If a mediocre man embarrassed me like this in a restaurant full of French people I would combust on the spot.
  • The security guy who stamps their something to get on the ferry is a principal character. The boat trip the light fantastic toe scene is the peak of this movie (not including Cher). Alexio is some other main graphic symbol.
  • You know how some people are physic? I wish I was. Or at least had premonitions about the weather condition like Fernando (or Amanda in "Mean Girls"! What range she has).
  • Horsie
  • The manager knew what they were doing with this "Andante" scene………………ahwiejsjjskwdjjekwhsjwnsnd
  • I too would alter all my life plans to stay in Greece with Lily James.
  • I wish in that location was an orange farm (orchard?) in Ann Arbor!!! Imagine picking oranges. orange skirt!!!! Yayyyy Sam leaves now!!! She deserved meliorate anyhow #YoungBillSuperiority
  • This is a brim picture show!!! I like skirts
  • This ice is country crunchy. I spilled #embarrasing!!
  • Swimming in Jean shorts?? Why
  • These subtitles use two apostrophes instead of one. Angry
  • Colin Firth
  • Where did my thoughts go??? I am excited to do Wordle tomorrow morning
  • Nosotros are all the dancing queens of our lives
  • I am sick of my bangs
  • I heard bored #1 giggle. Justice
  • Seeing Cher live in concert was the highlight of my life
  • How many times am I blinking
  • Cher had so many costume changes at her concert. I think about that whenever I climb a staircase and am out of breath
  • Oh Amanda

Buzzed 2

  • Buzzed 1 made everyone enchiladas similar the saint they are
  • Bored 1 is not willing to give this moving picture a fair milkshake. She'll modify her listen
  • Baked ii is trying to end me from singing. To MAMMA FUCKING MIA. Not happening
  • LILY JAMESSSSSS
  • queerbaiting in when i kissed the teacher but can forgive. this song is then adept
  • love that amanda seyfried toned downwards the vibrato for this movie
  • "be yet, my beating vagina" is mayhap the best line e'er written for the screen
  • mr sir. from fleabag
  • "he makes me pitiful" – spectator 1, while pierce brosnan is singing
  • i take a dream best song ever written possibly???
  • in that location is a debate well-nigh the beloved interests going on. young bill is Conspicuously the best one
  • i have written far less than everyone and information technology's bc i'm merely and then captivated by this pic
  • RIPPPPP DONNAAAAAA
  • the others are quoting poets rn. idk any poems off the top of my caput except gabbie hanna poems
  • choreo goes so much harder in this movie than the last men
  • christine baranski.
  • this is the most incredible cable knit sweater i've e'er heard. chris evans in knives out WHO
  • true eskimo bros hug
  • EVERYBODY SHUT Upwardly ITS CHER
  • FERNANDO LETS RUCKING GOOOOOO FUCK Yep
  • this is such a skilful fucking movie idk what anyone else writing here says. literally 1 of the most incredible pieces of movie theatre i've ever seen.

Bored 1

  • Many people already know about my full general dislike for the original "Mamma Mia" movie, although dislike is not the correct give-and-take, it'south more than like general disappointment because I actually struggle to listen to a bunch of A-listing actors ruin ABBA songs that I hold nearly and dear to my heart. (Except for Amanda Seyfried. Go along doing your thing, Amanda.)
  • So anyway I'm going into this with depression expectations.
  • People are insisting that this movie is the better Mamma Mia and I'k skeptical virtually all of it.
  • Buzzed one says that if I don't have fun they're going to jump off a roof. Information technology'due south a little extreme.
  • The acapella "Thanks For the Music" is too much already.
  • WHY ARE THEY PRETENDING MERYL STREEP IS Dead
  • Bored 2 and I are on the same wavelength I recollect.
  • I'm going to be honest I sincerely don't think Donna would be an academically successful student.
  • I'm so uncomfortable
  • Buzzed 2 is correct, not the queer baiting in "When I Kissed the Teacher"
  • Ane of my biggest problems with the first Mamma Mia moving-picture show was that the songs felt super unnatural in context and then far this movie is worse.
  • Broiled i is correct, at least this ane is actually filmed like a movie.
  • Why is "Chiquitita" the musical motif to represent the Dynamos' friendship that's so embarrassing
  • I exercise love "1 of Us" though, only it's upsetting that we take to lose hot Sky to do it…also the staging is far too literal
  • (Is it mean of me to say that they look old)
  • I'thou already hitting the betoken where I think I'd rather but listen to ABBA than watch this movie
  • I dear Christine Baranski but I cannot forgive "Be still my chirapsia vagina"
  • Lily James'southward accent is a little…hm
  • Why does immature Harry's leather jacket look like it's 3 sizes too small…did they run out of their costume budget buying boots and making 70s get-go outfits
  • They're ruining "Waterloo"
  • Baked 1 is cancelled
  • There should exist a trigger alarm before the movie: "Content alert: Pierce Brosnan singing"
  • Young Bill'due south pants are too curt and I'm at present convinced of a conspiracy by the costume designer to give Harry, Bill, and Sam dress that don't fit them.
  • "I fear a tempest is coming" I hateful come on
  • Lily James is a good singer I'll give her that fifty-fifty if her emphasis is ROUGH at times
  • This storm is only upsetting, why are they doing this
  • Consensus: Immature Sam looks like a combination of Taylor Lautner in New Moon + Tom Brady just like he's trying to be a cowboy
  • Baked two is quoting poetry in their segment and it's…wow
  • The lens flares here are a pick
  • Donna would dance in an orange grove with a bright orange brim
  • The transitions into the songs are atrocious
  • Young Sam'due south dress fit him but he has likewise many buttons open so my costume designer conspiracy stands
  • Why does Young Rosie's shirt expect like the new Strokes album comprehend
  • Ah yep the slow acapella intro to this movie's rendition of Mamma Mia
  • I appreciate the use of "Angeleyes" though
  • The choreography is a bit much but them pausing between "ah-ha-ha"s to remind Sophie that men suck was frankly worse
  • I agree with Buzzed ane that the ferry ticket man is sneakily the all-time graphic symbol, I would love a picture that focused solely on him
  • I too wonder if my true soulmate is carbs
  • With respect what the hell is Amanda Seyfried wearing
  • God this is cheesy…and very dumb…and very irrelevant…I'm all for "Dancing Queen" but this is too much
  • What happened to Sophie'due south friends from the first movie…like her but friends are her mom's friends and her three maybe-dads
  • The slow-mo and the lens flare while she kisses Heaven is too much…also Sophie please take off your poncho
  • "Your ears are cloth" — the landlady person has had the best lines in the film
  • Broiled 1 thinks that the character they're most like is the horse, I have no comments that'south kind of wholesome
  • Not the helicopter
  • Not Sophie calling specific attention to the sound
  • Non the single silver open-toed heel stepping out of the helicopter
  • Because information technology's time for Cher
  • She's wearing a blonde wig and white ability suit and speaking French
  • Even the way she does air quotes is pretty cool
  • Wondering if this isle has a constabulary stating that all pants must be flared
  • I didn't want "Fernando" to happen like this, THIS WAS THE Thing THAT HAPPENED AS PART OF THE THROWAWAY MENTION OF HER GRANDMA'S HEART GETTING Cleaved IN Central AMERICA??
  • This scene is also victim of awkward staging (Bored two is UPSET) but Cher is indeed pretty fabulous
  • These fireworks are Concerning
  • HOW did Fernando end upwardly in Greece?
  • Buzzed one merely spoiled everything
  • Dislocated about *REDACTED*'s advent hither but the song was overnice I guess
  • Buzzed 2 says this is the best scene (Cher singing "Super Trooper"!) and frankly I'1000 inclined to agree
  • Final thoughts: It was a mediocre only fun enough motion picture…simply to be honest I remember I'd rather just listen to all of ABBA's discography again

Bored ii

  • About of my experience with the MMCU (Mamma Mia Cinematic Universe) was captured via osmosis from my sis and my mother. However, instead of sharing their wicked glee at the absurdity of it, I felt a large cynicism at the vapid song-and-trip the light fantastic of it all. So many prominent actors cashing in on a story that was somehow too ridiculous to be a uncomplicated romcom. And then they decided to make a sequel. Well, here information technology goes I guess.
  • Ten years later on, we start out with Amanda Seyfried a capella. Treating Meryl Streep as if she has died is a good impact. The choreography for an impromptu sing-along at a graduation ceremony is unreasonable in melody. "The law of geometry" might be the worst lyric I've heard in a musical. They decide to all pack ane suitcase together and I'm bothered. I see a problem in the future arising where they keep to portray the ABBA lyrics in a literal sense.
  • The male counterpart doesn't know how to look expert while singing. Who knew that Greece could look so skillful when it's not either called-for or buried in debt? Not a unmarried character in this motion-picture show would make sense in a leather jacket, immature Harry least of all. I'm trying to effigy out who'south Napoleon and who'southward Cromwell in this relationship.
  • The cinematographer conspicuously loves Wes Anderson.
  • Pierce Brosnan is well-nigh to sing, quaking in my boots.
  • Boat guy arrives and he is very Scandinavian.
  • Adrien Brody showed upwardly in a tiny dinghy and I'k non sure if part of me thinks that most coastal Mediterranean people await similar Adrien Brody.
  • It'southward physically incommunicable that Donna didn't get an insane amount of splinters in her thighs sliding downward that staircase. John Carter is the 3rd love involvement.
  • Since everyone wants to quote poetry I'll add my own.
  • Lines on the Antiquity of Microbes (Fleas)
  • Adam
  • Had'em
  • Strickland Gillilan
  • I'k getting caught in the vicious cycle of getting bored and wishing for a song to come up upwardly and and so immediately regretting that wish one time the songs come up around.
  • I just realized these 3 men basically just own a fourth dimension share on Donna's girl.
  • I had to inform Buzzed 2 that Bill Nye played Upton Sinclair in Mank.
  • "It'southward called karma and it's pronounced 'ha!'" Is the best line and so far and it's fabricated by a graphic symbol that shows up once.
  • "Dancing Queen" boat scene is the almost unnecessary thing ever.
  • HELICOPTER CHER SCENE
  • Fernando is making Cher walk towards him and I don't appreciate it.
  • The excessive amount of fireworks certainly started the Greece fires.
  • This movie would take been less ridiculous if they just said that Cher was actually her grandmother.
  • In conclusion, the movie is stupid simply I did laugh at how stupid it was.